Friday, May 30, 2014

Review - A Winning Ticket by J. Michael Stewart

A Winning TicketA Winning Ticket by J. Michael Stewart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Kindle Edition, 35 pages
Published February 18th 2013 by J. Michael Stewart
Source: Author for Review

Synopsis:
'Twin brothers Benjamin and Harrison Zimmerman are struggling just to keep their heads above water. Low crop prices and a recent drought have driven them to the brink of bankruptcy. The family farm is on the verge of foreclosure and the mounting debt seems overwhelming. In the midst of a Nebraska blizzard, their luck suddenly changes when they hit it big by winning the lottery. In an instant they become multi-millionaires. Now richer than they ever dreamed possible, all their problems seem to be solved. But before the night is over, the brothers' true feelings about the farm and each other will be revealed and their relationship changed forever. '

My Thoughts:
A Winning Ticket is a chilling read that shows exactly what money can do to certain people, especially those you would least expect.

I had no idea while reading this short story what was going to happen at the end and I must admit that I did thoroughly enjoy the outcome.

I'm usually not a huge fan of short stories because I always feel a little deflated when they end because I'm almost always left wanting more (hence why I only gave this book 4 stars instead of 5), but this one was written very well and kept my interest in one sitting.

The characters were easy to relate to and imagine and their situation really made you feel for them both.

I'm definitely interested in reading more from this author in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...