Sunday, November 13, 2016

Review: Salad in a Jar by Anna Helm Baxter

Salad in a Jar: 68 Recipes for Salads and DressingsSalad in a Jar: 68 Recipes for Salads and Dressings by Anna Helm Baxter
Ebook, 160 pagesExpected publication: January 17th 2017 by Ten Speed Press
Source: Netgalley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:
'A collection of more than 60 illustrated recipes for simple-to-prepare salads, dressings, breakfasts, and snacks to take on the go.
The solution to the lunchtime salad rut, Salad in a Jarprovides healthy, easy alternatives to dissatisfying or overpriced grab-and-go meals. These nutritionally balanced recipes are perfect for making ahead. Anna Helm Baxter reveals the keys to layering ingredients to maximize freshness and texture for a hearty and satisfying dish or snack. Tips and tricks include instructions on designing salads in a jar with recipes for raw salads, side salads, meal salads, snacks, and desserts.'


My Thoughts:
I absolutely love this book and am very excited for the fact that my lunches will no longer be so boring and I now have less excuses to be lazy about lunch when going out for work.

I work for myself and have to travel to client sites a lot so having a lunch that is easily transportable, mess-free and also tasty was always a bit of a mission. Something easy that I can just chuck into a jar and go anywhere knowing that I will have lunch waiting for me is just great.

This book is organised into sections containing different salad dressings to make, raw ingredient salads, small salads, larger salads and desserts.

I just love the different variety of dressings as they are all easy to prepare and make the same salad seem different just by switching up the dressing used.

This book also teaches you about the most effective way of layering your ingredients so you get maximum freshness and flavour from your salad.

A great book for anyone stuck in a bit of a lunch rut or those needing a bit of inspiration to liven up a boring salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...