Sunday, December 30, 2012

Review: Medusa's Desire by E.B. Black

Medusa's DesireMedusa's Desire by E.B. Black
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Kindle Edition
Published November 22nd 2012

Synopsis:
'It all started the day her god raped her.

She transformed into an abomination through his touch. Her skin grew scales. Her eyes turned red. She screamed for help, but all who saw her became stone.

Medusa thought she would be alone forever, until the day a man came to kill her and fell in love instead. Now Perseus is running from those who hired him as he continues to love a girl who could kill him with a glance.'


My Thoughts:
Medusa's Desire was not something that I would typically read but I did find it enjoyable none the less.

I found it interesting in the way it was told from Medusa's point of view so the reader got to feel her emotions and reasons as to why things happened to her the way they did.

In a way this makes the reader feel that Medusa is the one who was hard done by and who suffered for something that wasn't her fault, rather than think of her as the monster that has been portrayed through Greek mythology for centuries. You really wanted to see things work out for poor Medusa even though you already know from history that they don't go that way.

One thing that I did find difficult was all the references to the Greek Gods and other creatures in the story. I've never had much exposure to Greek mythology so only know the very basics, and I think this meant that a lot of meaning in the story was a bit lost on me because I didn't really know the background to the God or other creature that was being discussed.

If you are a fan of Greek mythology and are interested in seeing a popular story told in a different and refreshing way, then Medusa's Desire is a story that I would definitely recommend.

Links:
Amazon: Medusa's Desire (The Fate of Eros Series)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...