This year I competed in The Dusty Bookshelf Challenge hosted by Books, A True Story. This was my first time competing in this challenge and I thought it would be a great way to try and get some of the really old books on my shelves finally read.
I went for the Dust Bunny level which was to read 5-10 books and I managed to get through 6 so Yay, I have completed a challenge!!
These are the dusty books I managed to read this year:
1) The Potato Factory by Bryce Courtenay - Absolutely loved this book and can't wait to read the sequel soon.
2) The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde - Not my cup of tea. I found it very boring and much preferred the old movie.
3) Dixie City Jam by James Lee Burke - JLB is one of my favourite all time authors so naturally I loved this book.
4) The Murder Book by Jonathan Kellerman - Wasn't a big fan of this. A bit too slow moving for me.
5) The Echo by Minette Walters - Worst book read this year. Enough said.
6) Stanley and Sophie by Kate Jennings - Second worst book read this year :-)
So, I'm glad I made a tiny dent in some of the older books I had taking up room on my shelves and can't wait to try and get through some more in 2013!