Sunday, January 13, 2013

Spotlight On: Brick Marlin author of 'Sectors'

Today I am featuring an interview for you that I recently did with author Brick Marlin who is currently promoting his novel 'Sectors':


Brick MarlinTell us a bit about your favourite character/s from the book?

I’d have to say Rodney and Wendell are probably my favourite ones. They help move the story along. Rodney is a young cannibal who befriends Gilbert, the main character. This cannibal not only has a funny sense of humour, his interest is eating people he doesn’t like. Even though Wendell doesn’t arrive until about the middle of the tale, also befriending Gilbert, he is one of my favourite monsters, a werewolf.

What was your inspiration behind this book?

My inspiration came from watching episodes of The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Amazing Stories and Night Gallery. I’ve harvested ideas and placed them into Sectors, as well as the other books in the series, developing bizarre dimensions and odd characters. I’ve been writing the books so a reader will not have to start with the first book in the series to catch-up – so to speak – because I use a villain called the Baron in each of the books, the mastermind behind the horrors of Sectors. 
What’s your favourite way to spend your spare time?

If I’m not working my day job, if I’m not writing books, I’m writing role-playing games for Hydra Publications; somewhat like the old Dungeon and Dragons stuff.  And somewhere in between that I run, bike ride and swim. It just seems like I’m always busy doing something!
What's one piece of advice you would give other aspiring authors?

Keep writing and don’t give up. I never thought any of my work was that interesting to readers until I published my first novel, The Darkened Image, in 2007. 
If you weren't a writer, what else do you think you would you be doing instead?

Drawing cartoons. When I was a kid that was something I really wanted to do besides writing.
Do you have a favourite scene in this book (without giving the story away too much)?

Hard to say, I really dig the entire tale!
Do you have any pets?

I have two dogs and a schizophrenic cat.

What’s one thing that many people wouldn’t know about you?

On occasion, I tend to return to the stage and play music with a few good friends of mine in a small acoustic/electric blues trio called Buckshot Howl. You can find us at http://www.reverbnation.com/buckshothowl if you’d like to give us a listen.
Do you have any new works in the pipeline which you care to share any details about?

This month I have another book released from Whiskey Creek Press in the Sectors series entitled called Blue Lights in A Jar and another coming out in April called Nettie and the Shepherd.

About The Book:

Sectors
Against their parents’ wishes, Gilbert and Bobby trespass into an abandoned old house, unaware of the horrors that lurk inside. With Bobby’s sudden disappearance, Gilbert finds himself caught up in an adventure that only starts with the ghosts who reside in the house. After stepping through a door into the Sectors, Gilbert is confronted with an entirely new world populated with werewolves, vampires, zombies, ghosts, robots, humans and a cannibal…





Links:

Please visit Brick's website http://www.brickmarlin.com/ for more information and other releases forthcoming this year. You can also find him lurking around at http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1156291.Brick_Marlin where you’ll find reviews about his books.
Amazon: Sectors

1 comment:

  1. Pгetty nice post. I ϳust stumblеԁ upon
    your weblog and ωаnted tо say that I've really loved surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I'm hoping you write οnсе more sοon!


    Fеel free to visіt my web blоg ... what goes into nootropics
    my page: brain enhancement

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...