Thursday, July 5, 2012

Quarterly Challenge Update (April-June 2012)

At the start of 2012 I decided to join in on the following three reading challenges:
The 15,000 Page Challenge, The Chunkster Challenge and The Dusty Bookshelf Challenge.


abductedbybooks.blogspot.com                                      

15,000 Page Challenge
This challenge is obviously to try and read at least 15,000 pages over the year. As at the end of March I had managed to finish 5 books with a total of 2,253 pages. As at the end of June I've managed to finish another 19 books with a total of 4,953 pages. This means I've read a total of 7,206 pages so far this year and am pretty much on track to get to the 15,000 page mark by the end of the year. Yay!

Chunkster Challenge
I went for Level 2 in this challenge 'The Plump Primer' where I have to try and read 6 chunksters during the year. A Chunkster is a book of 450 pages or more. I managed to read 2 books over the 450 page mark as at the end of March and also managed to read another two up to the end of June. These were:
1) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (454 pages); and
2) Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James (514 pages)

This means that I only have another two books to go for this challenge. Another Yay!
The Dusty Bookshelf Challenge
Again I went for Level 2 in this challenge 'Dust Bunny' where I have to read between 5-10 books. Basically this challenge is to read as many books that you can that you already own which have been accumulating dust on your bookshelf. It doesn't include any newly purchased books. Up to the end of March I managed to read 4 dusty books but only managed to read another 1 up to the end of June which was:
1) The Echo by Minette Walters

There were just too many good new books out this past quarter that I wasn't interested in my old ones. I've recently started a monthly meme called Random Reads now though which I hope will start to force me to get through at least 1 book a month that's been on my bookshelves for ages.
So, that's my progress so far. I'm pretty pleased with how I've been going, especially with the 15,000 Page Challenge as I didn't think I'd get anywhere near that by the end of the year and it's now looking like I might just make it after all.

Here is my March Quarterly Update post if interested.

I hope everyone else is going well with any challenges you have joined or set yourself this year.

Michelle xx

2 comments:

  1. These sound like interesting challenges - especially the 15000 page one. I think I'll try it next year.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...