Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Book Review - 'Long Lost' By David Morrell


The only reason I picked up 'Long Lost' to read was because I noticed that David Morrell was the one who created 'First Blood' which if anyone doesn't know is the first story in the Rambo series. Now, being blinded by the fact that I just luuuurve Rambo I thought that maybe another story by this author may be just as good. Well, it was and it wasn't......

The story this book is based around is your typical family member that goes missing story and suddenly out of the blue they turn up years later. But, to make matters more interesting there is a bit of stolen identity thrown into this book along with kidnapping, murder and family issues from the past.

One thing I liked about this book was that the chapters were all so short and sweet but still got the story across. If anyone is a James Patterson fan you will know what I mean as he writes in the same short chapter method. There's nothing worse with some stories where chapters just seem to go on forever and you get lost in too much detail and feel a tad bewildered once something else notable in the story finally happens. Well, there is none of this when reading this book. This means it was really easy to read a few chapters here and there before bed or with my breakfast in the morning and not get lost after putting the book down and picking it up again next time.

The main thing I didn't like about this book was the way some of the plot developed. It had that 'too convenient' feel to it sometimes where I felt like the author set the character up too well and realistically there is no way certain things would work out so perfectly in real life. But, I guess that's why you read a book, to escape real life.

Anyway, overall I give this book a 3.5 out of 5. It kept me reading due to the small easy chapters but really was nothing to rave about in the end.

Next, I am going to tackle a Joy Fielding book titled 'Good Intentions' so stay tuned for my review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...