Thursday, April 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (18th April 2012)

Waiting in Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating.

The book I'm desperately anticipating this week is 'Deadlocked' By Charlaine Harris which is instalment #12 in the Sookie Stackhouse Series (image is linked to Goodreads):



Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12)



'With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, it’s the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.
Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.
'

I know a lot of people are thinking this series has lost it's mojo and I am kind of one of them but for some reason I still feel compelled to keep reading the books when they are released. I guess I hold some hope that there might be some miraculous event that will bring the series back from the grave and spark interest again.

What does everyone else think? Has this series lost it's mojo or are there others eagerly anticipating the release of this instalment as much as I am?



Hardcover, 352 pages
Expected publication: May 1st 2012 by Victor Gollancz Limited

2 comments:

  1. New follower, I admit to having never read this series although I own most of the books *hangs head in shame*, great pick, my wow

    http://www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try reading them. I wasn't too impressed with the first book but got hooked after the second. The TV show based on the books is fun too.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...