Monday, April 16, 2012

In My Mailbox (16th April 2012)



In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren and is a weekly meme to show what books you have accumulated during the week.

This week I went on a bit of an e-book spree as I have recently discovered the 'Kindle for PC' app available at Amazon which I downloaded onto my laptop. I've been debating whether to get a kindle or other e-reader for a while now and keep having big emotional discussions with myself due to the fact that I don't think you can beat the touch, feel and smell of reading an actual book. I also have a bit of a disorder where I just love to stand and stare at my super full bookshelves which is obviously something that I couldn't do with an e-reader. Maybe if someone just bought me one as a present (hint, hint hubby!) I wouldn't have to fight with myself about it anymore.......

Anyway, here is what I acquired this week (click on the covers to go to Goodreads):


LOST (Clan of Macaulay) 'Til We Meet Again Spellbound (Legend, #1) Forsaken Cades Cove The Body Departed Creative Spirit Rupture Stranger Will

I have found that for some reason my little 13 month old refuses to let me hold a book in my hands to read it even when he's happy playing on his own but he doesn't mind me having my laptop out and reading on that. He went through a very sick few days last week where I couldn't put him down for more than 2 minutes or he'd start screaming so my Kindle for PC app on my laptop was my lifesaver while I was trapped holding him on the lounge for a week straight until he started feeling better.

Who knows. Maybe there is room in my life for an e-reader after all?

So, has anyone read any of the above books and liked/disliked them?

6 comments:

  1. New follower. I love my e-reader, because I can read the Net Galleys, E-Pubs, and Edelweiss books somewhere. Great haul. Enjoy all your new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to lean more towards an e-reader. I'll probably wonder why I made so much fuss when I eventually get one!

      Delete
  2. Hey, those look like some great books! I hope you enjoy reading them! New Follower :)

    Kayla @ Bengal Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of any of these. will be checking them out. new follower. my IMM http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/04/mailbox-monday-13.html
    I had the same discussion with myself about the kindle. Now that I have one, I don't ever leave it at home. I am so in love with it and have witdraws when I cannot read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm probably being silly and old fashioned holding onto my love of real books. If I ever get an e-reader I'll most likely wonder how I ever did without it!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...