Thursday, April 12, 2012

Friday Finds (13th April 2012)


Friday finds is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading where you list all the books that you've come across or heard about during the past week.

My finds this week which were added to my TBR pile straight away were as follows (book covers link to Goodreads):

The Great Animal Orchestra: Finding the Origins of Music in the World's Wild Places
I just love the sound of this book. It it something that I just can't wait to read.

After Cleo
I got the first book Cleo a couple of years ago as a gift from my husband as we have a cat named Cleopatra (who we call Cleo for short) and he thought it was pretty cool to buy a book about a cat with the same name for me. I loved the first book even though it made me cry like nothing else and can't wait to read the second instalment.

Kitty Cornered: How Frannie and Five Other Incorrigible Cats Seized Control of Our House and Made It Their Home
Yet another book I can't wait to read purely because it is animal themed. We have two cats (Cleopatra and Caesar) and they rule our household so I love hearing about or reading stories about people with similar situations.

Delirium (Delirium, #1)
I've read a lot of blog reviews on this one that say good things so have finally decided to try it for myself.
 
Let's Pretend This Never Happened: [A Mostly True Memoir]
I think the main factor for me to want to read this is the mouse on the cover. It's so cute! (Yes, I'm a sucker for good cover art even if the story turns out to be terrible)

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)
I just love the concept of this book. It's got the look of being so innocent yet it sounds like it is most definitely the opposite. I can't wait to read this one.

What little gems did everyone else discover this week that they didn't know existed?


Michelle xx



11 comments:

  1. I really need to read Delirium.
    Alice in Zombieland is on my TBR pile can't wait for it to be released..Sept? I think.

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the concept of Alice in Zombieland. It reminds me of the Pride & Prejudice & Zombies books.

      Delete
  2. Lots of lovely books - I need to do Delerium and agree Alice looks great :)

    I found an indie, a classic and a bestseller this week:

    http://asidefromwriting.wordpress.com/2012/04/13/meme-friday-finds-2-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I like your first find. And I also think the cover is a bit disturbing as well which I think is half the appeal!

      Delete
  3. Alice in Zombieland looks awesome!

    I'm guessing with the cat books that Cleo dies because the next book is about Jonah...if so there is no way I can read a book where I know a cat will die! I would be too upset!

    My Friday Find: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/friday-find_13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same as you. Anything where an animal dies or gets hurts just kills me. I was an emotional wreck after reading this but also in a good way if that makes sense. Marley & Me was another one that I get a pain in the chest just thinking about......

      Delete
  4. I have Delirum on my TBR pile too, heard so many things about this one!!

    If you get a spare moment, you can check out my Friday Finds here: http://bit.ly/J4VIvq

    Love Rie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked out your finds. You definitely have some good ones there. I just wish there were more days in a week as there is never enough time to read everything I want to.

      Delete
  5. I just popped over from I Should Be Reading Friday Finds and am now your latest follower.
    Here's mine:
    http://junkboattravels.blogspot.ca/2012/04/friday-finds-books_13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great selection there. I just became a follower of you too!

      Delete
  6. love your blog please follow me back at the blooming readers.blogspot.com check me out?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...