Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA 2012 - Introductions!


 
Today is all about getting to know our fellow Armchair BEA participants. We all have to answer 5 questions about ourselves then visit some other participating bloggers to learn more about them.
 
This is my first year participating in Armchair BEA and I am quite excited about it!
 
So, here are the answers to my questions:
 
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

My name is Michelle and I am a self-confessed book nerd. I am an only child and grew up with books and our pets being my best friends! We moved around a lot when I was young so they were the only friends I could keep without getting upset when we moved again :-( I am happily married and my day job is as an Accountant two days a week at the moment while I stay home and mind our almost 15 month old bub the rest of the week.
I have been blogging since mid last year on another blog I also maintain (a beauty blog called My Little Space) but have only maintained my book blog for a couple of months now.
I had been stalking other book blogs for a very long time and decided that it was a subject that I was very passionate about and so decided to start my own book blog! None of my friends or my husband are very big readers so I think this is the perfect outlet for me to discuss what I love with other like-minded people.

2. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

I am a fully qualified Accountant but had a 'gap year (or two)' where I became a partly qualified Vet Nurse after losing interest in accounting. Financially, accounting is better for us at the moment while I can only work part-time while bub is young but Vet Nursing is something that will always be in my heart for when I can live my dream again. I am a huge animal lover and my pets are like my children!

3. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?

I love hosting author interviews. It amazes me that starting this blog has given me access to these 'elite' individuals and interviewing them and having their personal words appear on my site really gives me a high.

4. Where do you see your blog in five years?

Hopefully taking over the world! (Hahaha). No, really I'd just love to be doing exactly what I'm doing now. If I could only find a way to make this my new career I'd be a happy woman!

5. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?

Stephen King. I have read almost every single one of his books and I also own almost all of them too. He's a classic author who I don't think anyone has really come close to topping yet.

Please remember to leave your link below if you visit me so I can read your answers too!

Michelle

23 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    I totally love your Beagle image - just too cute.
    Love A3!
    http://www.bloomingwithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-2012-interview-questions.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The beagle image is actually my logo for my personal bookkeeping business I do on the side. I thought it was fitting for here as well :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Nice to meet you.
    An accountant and a vet? That seems like an odd combination! Best of luck with it, though! Hopefully you'll get to do your favourite full time soon!
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being an accountant is definitely more financially rewarding than working in the vet field but maybe not as much fun. I'm a vet and playing with puppies is great! Here's a link to my post - http://www.spiritblog.net/?p=4319

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love that Vet nursing is your dream and hopefully you get to go back to it one day. I almost went to college for accounting but went the computer route instead.

    I will crash your dinner with Stephen King! The Stand is one of my favorite books of all time. It ends up on my top 5 list when I am giving out my list. He is just the man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, another Stephen King fan! The Stand is one of the very few I haven't read. Unfortunately I saw the movie first and it kind of ruined reading the book for me. Maybe one day I'll give it another go.....

      Delete
  5. A dinner with Stephen King would be interesting, I loved The Stand, but would have to ask him if he liked Insomnia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be asking him about The Cell. That book ruined things for me for a while with him....

      Delete
  6. Isn't it wonderful how books and animals can comfort us? I'm impressed that you're a reader and an accountant; usually Math and Reading don't go so well together in my experience. :) Happy BEA Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'm really supposed to be an accountant :-)
      I mainly went into it because it was an easy career to get work and ok money in Oz. I definitely should have done something more creative career wise though as I've never been fully happy doing what I'm doing, hence the toe dipping into vet nursing.

      Delete
  7. Wow you do a lot! accountant and read!! Thats awesome!! Happy BEA week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how book blogging allows you to connect to other book lovers! No one in my family really loves reading as much as I do, so I use book blogging as my outlet for my love of books, like you. =) It's so cool that you're an Accountant that loves to read! You don't hear that very often. ;)

    Anyways, it was lovely getting to know you! Have fun during Armchair BEA!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned above, I don't think I was really meant to be an accountant. It's never really satisfied me as a career but I'm kind of stuck with it now. Oh well, at least blogging gives me the creative outlet that I crave!

      Delete
  9. Love the beagle image!!
    It's so great to meet you!!
    Hope you have a great Armchair BEA week!
    Here's my post: http://little-red-reads.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-introductions.html

    xo Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi There!

    I live about 10 miles away from Mr King's house in Bangor, Maine: it is very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I first started my blog, I had no idea it would lead to me reviewing books, hosting author interviews and having giveaways. I am still always flattered when I get review requests.

    Here's my Armchair BEA Intro Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't think the novelty will ever wear off when I get a direct request from an author. It's such a privilege to me.

      Delete
  12. That's so cool that you took a career detour and tried out something new. I hope you can get back to working with animals very soon! And my dream would be to make a career out of book blogging, but I don't know if that's even possible, and it'll probably take a lot longer than 5 years. But we can dream, can't we? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever find a way to make a career of book blogging please come back and let me know :-) That would be my dream career number two....

      Delete
  13. Hope you can get back into Vet Nursing soon. Sounds like your passion lies there. :)

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...