Monday, June 4, 2012

Review - The Struggle by L.J. Smith (The Vampire Diaries #2)

The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #2)The Struggle by L.J. Smith
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Audiobook
Published October 27th 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published October 1st 1991)
Synopsis:
'Torn between two vampire brothers.

Damon: determined to make Elena his, he'd kill his own brother to possess her.

Stefan: desperate for the power to destroy Damon, and protect Elena, he gives in to his thirst for human blood.

Elena: the girl who can have anyone finds herself in the middle of a love triangle . . . one that might turn deadly.'
My Thoughts:
I cannot stop feeling disappointed by these books. I thought I'd give The Struggle a chance hoping that I would enjoy it a bit more than the first book but I came away feeling utterly disappointed again when it finished.

I am so surprised that these books managed to get turned into such a popular television series. I haven't personally watched an episode of the show but I'm guessing that it must be a bit more involved than the books or I just can't see how else it has survived.

Elena is such a shallow character that everytime the focus is on her I get a little more annoyed. Everything about her is just so dramatic it drives me crazy!

Stefan is in now way the cool, strong, sexy boyfriend that I think he is supposed to be portrayed as, his brother Damon is just plain frustrating and I constantly feel pity for Elena's ex-boyfriend Matt because of the way he gets used so much.

The one positive thing I can say about The Struggle is that the storyline seemed to develop a bit faster than the first book and there was a little more action and character development. Maybe this means that the third book will be better again? Well, at least I don't think it could get much worse......

Links:
Amazon
The Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...