Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Five Favourite Authors

I was perusing the list of books I have read over the years and realised that I'd never actually sat down and thought about who my all-time favourite authors would be.

So, after much deliberation I give you my Top Five Favourite Authors of all time:

1) Stephen King - Ok, he was practically the first author that I got addicted to and I have read almost every book he has written. I have to admit that I do prefer his older work to his more current material but I still get a bit giddy when a new Stephen King book gets released and usually can't wait to get my hands on it. He's probably one of the most consistently captivating authors I have ever read.

2) Terry Goodkind - I got a little obsessed with his Sword of Truth series for a little while and could hardly wait until a new one was released. It is still one of the best fantasy series I have ever read. It just had so many captivating characters and Goodkind's writing style was one that portrayed such a wonderful and complex world without being overly confusing.

3) James Lee Burke - His southern writing style and raw characters never fail to draw me in. I love how fast paced his novels always are and the descriptive language he uses so well always makes me feel like I am part of the scenery.

4) Michael Connelly - I got on a bit of a run of the Harry Bosch stories at one stage and when I finished I felt like I had lost an old friend. I've enjoyed pratically every Michael Connelly book I have read and am always hanging until the very end to know how the story will finish.

5) Dean Koontz - Probably for similar reasons to my obsession with Stephen King, I have always had a soft spot for Dean Koontz and own a ridiculous amount of his books. Also, similar to what I said about Stephen King, I do prefer the older Dean Koontz work to some of his more current material but I will always be drawn to any new book of his that gets released.

I'd love to know who everyone else would think of as their Top Five Authors of all time?

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...