Tuesday, June 5, 2012

'Operation - Reduce TBR List' Begins

Well I've come to realise that I just keep digging a bigger hole for myself every week as far as my TBR list goes and at the rate I'm reading the books on it I'll never, ever get it down to a respectable level.

Hence, I have decided to start 'Operation - Reduce TBR List' at the beginning of June. This means I will not be putting any extra books onto my TBR list unless they meet the following strict criteria:

* I have received the book for review from an author/publisher/book tour;
* It's a follow up book in a series that I have already started or read through;
* It's a book that I find myself dreaming about day and night and just HAVE to have (you know those ones that you see talk about everywhere and just have to get on the wagon and read them too. I'm pointing a finger at you Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy!); or
* It's animal related (I had to add this in as anything animal related sucks me in like a vacuum).

So, those are my rules and I'm going to do my best to stick with them. I'm giving myself three months to stick to the rules to start with to see how I go.

Currently my TBR list is sitting at 216 books (sigh... and that isn't even all the books I really have outstanding either, I have almost a full bookcase at home that I haven't put onto it yet, but that will have to be a project for another day - eek!)

So, my aim in doing this is to hopefully have less than 216 books on my list as at the end of the month. Once I feel I'm making some solid progress I'll start to look at adding books again that take my fancy.

Wish me luck guys!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...