Friday, June 22, 2012

Feature and Follow (22nd June 2012)


Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  It is a great way to make new friends and gain followers.

Here is this weeks question:

Q: If you could "unread" a book, which one would it be? Is it because you want to start over and experience it again for the first time? Or because it was THAT bad?

If there was one book that I could 'unread' it would have to be Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I just couldn't get into this book and did not enjoy it at all which disappointed me in a way because I know that most people who read it absolutely raved about it.

I think the main reason for me not enjoying this book was the subject matter more than anything else. I guess it's just not a genre that I normally read and even though I was in a stage where I was trying to 'read outside of the box' and get some different experiences under my belt I have to say that I ended up regretting my time spent on reading this book.

I'd love to know what others would like to 'unread'?

Michelle

14 comments:

  1. I heard Memoirs of a Geisha was super slow so I don't blame you.

    My Feature and Follow

    New GFC follow BTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of any bad books to unread, I'm sure I've probably got some, just none are coming to mind right now :) New follower via GFC, you can find my FF Here.
    Chrystina @BookLiaison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm Amanda from Vivalabooks! And, I'd probably want to unread some school books like the one about Gandhi we had to read two years ago. I was not prepared for that book in 6th grade. By the way, I’ve tagged you for the Liebster Blog Award! For details follow this link: http://vivalabooks.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/liebster-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Too bad Memoirs of a Geisha didn't work for you. I really liked it. But that happens sometime.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it's too bad you couldn't get into Memoirs of a Geisha. Different strokes for different folks, right? Thx for the visit. Now following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this book and liked it though, didn't love it like everyone else either. New follower. :)

    My FF: http://moonlightreader.com/feature-follow-friday/

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower here, I don't blame you on your unread choice, thats a slow book, i never finished, and wished I didn't start, lol, here is my FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard of Memoirs of A Geisha just haven't read it yet, I'm sorry you didn't care for it.

    New Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower!

    Too bad you didn't enjoy it.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Read this book awhile back and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only seen the movie for this, which I thought was really good but it's definitely not the type of subject matter I would read or movie I would re-watch. Sorry you didn't enjoy the book, maybe you would have better luck with the movie? New follower!
    Sandy
    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower through FF feature. I invite you to follow me at:

    http://openbookemptycup.blogspot.com

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read Memoirs of a Geisha yet, it's on my wish list, but I never pciked it up... My FF

    I've tagged you in the Liebster Award. Hope you like it :)

    Happy Reading!
    New GFC Follower

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would unread the twilight series- didn't like it very much.
    New follower from the Blog Hop
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...