Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WWW Wednesday (20th June 2012)


WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Should Be Reading.

To join in all you need to do is answer the following three questions:

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

Well, this week has been a bit of a slow reading week for me as I've had so many other personal committments that unfortunately reading has taken a bit of a back seat.

Anyway, here is what I have been up to this week:

• What am I currently reading?  So, I am still patiently plodding through A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1). This book is awesome but I just can't concentrate on one book that is so long on it's own without a break now and then.
I'm also still listening to The Fury (The Vampire Diaries, #3) in the car on my drive to and from work. Surprisingly I think this is probably the best story so far.



• What did I recently finish reading? This week I managed to finish Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) which I reviewed here. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am glad that I decided to read it even though I heard so many bad things about it.
I also finished reading There's no such thing as Werewolves (Demons Rising, #1) in one afternoon while bub was asleep on me. The review for this is still to come.


• What do I think I'll read next?  Ok, now I finally have Fifty Shades of Grey out of the way I will be definitely be starting Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) next. Unfortunately my lovely husband is trying to put a dent in my plans because he bought me Fifty Shades Darker the other day as a surprise when he got home from work but I will be strong and put off reading that until I have some of my older books done instead.



What have you been up to this week?

Michelle

8 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle!
    "Fifty shades of grey" has just published here in Italy and I'm so curious about it!

    You can find my WWW post here http://www.peekabook.it/2012/06/www-wednesdays-june-20.html

    Happy reading! :)


    Valentina
    http://www.peekabook.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have an open mind I definitely recommend reading it. It's got some surprisingly funny bits to it as well as a pretty decent base storyline in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link to your review of Fifty Shades of Grey. What you said about it is what I've gathered from a few of my friends who've read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many differing opinions on this book that I just wanted to read them so I could make up my own mind.

      Delete
  3. I just finished A Game of Thrones this weekend, and I really enjoyed it, though it is pretty long. And most reviews I see of 50 Shades are negative, so seeing your positive review makes me a little more curious to to try it out.

    Here's my WWW Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving Game of Thrones but it's just so long...... I'll probably finish the series in about 10 years! Lol!

      Delete
  4. I love the tv series "The Vampire Diaries," but I haven't read the books. I'm debating on whether I should or not.

    Great books. I've actually heard good things about Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm glad you liked it.

    My WWW.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really like the first two books but the third one is definitely a bit better as far as the story goes. I haven't seen the tv series yet as I wanted to read the books first. I'm keen to see it though.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...